With the Reports feature, PC based users will be able to log and annotate elements and screenshots for easy review once your VR Meeting or session has concluded. The Report will export in a PDF format which allows for quick distribution and record keeping. You may need to allow for a sync to complete for items added to your report to be fully available.
What's included in a Report?
Screenshots of Elements will automatically be included in your report, along with any markups or callouts visible at the time they were created.
Text notes can be added to your report either in real time from the PC or after you conclude your session. More on this later..
Basic BIM data will be included for any elements where applicable from your source file.
To create a Report
- Open a 3D file in Prospect and select the Inspect Element tool on your left-hand menu.
- Once this tool has been opened, you will be add an element to your report by selecting it and clicking "Add to Report" on the menu.
- After adding to a report, you will see a notification that the element has been added to your report - it's as easy as that!
- As for Screenshots, they will be added to your Report automatically, as long as "Include in Report" has been checked in the Screenshots menu.
Adding Notes to a Report
As mentioned above, you can add notes to your Report in two ways - during the session or afterward.
For adding notes after the session, go to the Reports tab in your Prospect Library, and all of your screenshots and report element images will be present. There will be a text box associated with each image allowing you to add notes or directions.
Scroll through your Report items and add notes in the correlating text box
For adding notes during the session, you may opt to have a colleague follow along on the PC. They will be able to add notes in real-time since report elements and screenshots will display in the Reports tab as soon as they are captured in VR for non-synced files. The note taker can also visually follow along by adjusting the windows so that both the Prospect Desktop Library and the VR session are in view.
Exporting a Report
- Click the PDF icon in the top right corner of the Report tab in your Library
- Name the Report and click save
- The Report will then open in your default PDF viewer, ready to be emailed printed or shared with colleagues!
- In the multi-user Meetings feature, only screenshots and report elements from the host will appear in the Report.
- If you plan to add annotations to an element you're adding to a report, make sure to do so before clicking "Add to report" so that your markups are shown in the correlating image that's saved in the Report.
- Oculus Quest users cannot currently issue items to reports. Please see the notes section Using Prospect on the Oculus Quest for additional considerations.