Overview of Tools
The markup tool lets you "draw" during your VR experience and redline a 3D file.
When drawing with the brush, it is possible to adjust the brush size using the menu. A recent update also allows for markups to be made in a variety of colors.
Using the brush in handheld mode will allow users to draw in three-dimensional space around them. Switching to projected mode allows users to draw on surfaces at a distance.
Another way users can mark up their model is by using the callouts. The callout feature projects a circular shape onto a surface and is a quick, easy way to call attention to some aspect of a design.
Menu Options & Use
To operate the markup menu, first bring up the menu toolbar while in Prospect. Select the pencil icon to bring up the markup tool. Now, you can draw anywhere outside of the menu region by holding the back trigger.
- Navigate will allow you to return to the navigation experience
- Brush is a freehand marker that draws on any surface
- Toggle on 'projected' to switch between drawing in space and drawing surfaces at a distance.
- Resize the stroke size of the brush tool
- Change the color of your brush
- Callout draw a fixed circle at the center of your view
- Change the color of your callouts
- Undo allows you to clear recent marks and changes
- Camera tool after you've finished redlining and marking up your model, switch to the camera tool or 360 pano capture- it's a great way to document these markups as actionable items outside of VR.
Brush & Call Tool with Different Hardware Pairings
- HTC Vive the stroke will be created by holding the back trigger on the navigation wand and will come out from your wand. If you can not see where the stroke is appearing, lift your hands so your controllers are visible in-VR. Exit out of the markup tool to be able to teleport to different parts of the model.
- Oculus Rift the brush strokes are created by moving your touch controller around the area desired while holding down the trigger. Exit out of the markup tool to be able to teleport to different parts of the model.
- Xbox Controller - Gaze-Based drawing and projection