How to Launch an IFC File into Prospect
- Open the IrisVR Prospect app on your desktop.
- Drag and drop an IFC file into the drop-zone, or browse for your file by clicking the "+" icon within your project in the center panel.
- Once the file is finished processing, select it and click "Launch".
- Enjoy your file in VR!
File Specific Settings
Materials and Textures
Due to the wide variety of authoring tools that can publish to IFC files, the material, and textures displayed within Prospect can have some variability. Much of this is dictated at the time of export/save from your source authoring tool.
3rd party material libraries, such as V-Ray, etc will not be supported.
Metadata for all 3D geometry within your IFC model should persist and be displayed when using the inspect element tool in Prospect.
Within Prospect, if a concept of sortable layer information is available from the source file, this will be displayed under the visibility settings menu.
Files Up to IFC4
Notes & Known Issues:
- This is an early beta, and in many cases, file processing times for IFC files will be longer than most other file types supported by Prospect.
- IFC files can be authored by a wide variety of 3D modeling tools, accounting for some variability of results within Prospect.
- If you're experiencing unexpected results, please reach out to let us know, providing information on the source of your file, along with the file itself whenever possible.
- To continue improving IFC support, sample files from users greatly appreciate and always treated as confidential. If you have any files to share, please do so here.