How to Launch an FBX File into Prospect
If you are using a 3D software that we don't provide direct support for one workflow is to export the 3D model as an FBX file. Prospect supports FBX files but we always recommend using our native plugins whenever possible.
To bring an FBX file into Prospect you'll need to:
- Prepare your file for export, see notes below
- Open Prospect on your desktop
- Drag and drop the file, or browse to open
- Once the file is processed and appears in your library select it and click launch
- Standard material support only
- Use "Default Media and Entertainment" export settings
From 3ds Max
- Standard shader support only
- Support for FBX plugin versions 2012 -
- Use Autodesk media & Entertainment (default) export settings
- No diffuse material support
- Support for FBX 7.4 binary version
- Use default export settings
Any software platform that supports FBX cameras will have those points brought into Prospect as viewpoints.
Visibility will not be available within Prospect for most FBX files, because this information is not maintained on export in a majority of authoring programs.