IrisVR Scope Account:
To access and upload content onto the Scope Library you will need to first create an online account here.
IrisVR Scope for GearVR requirements:
For existing users of Scope GearVR Beta:
Due to changes in how the app is distributed, you must uninstall the Scope app from your GearVR device.
- Manually uninstall the existing version of Scope. The new version will not install correctly if you don’t remove the old version.
Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Scope Viewer -> Uninstall
- Then follow the directions below under “First Time Users”. However, please note you will not need a new download key as the app should already be available in your Oculus Library.
For first time GearVR users:
- You must have a GearVR headset and a GearVR-enabled smartphone.
- Next, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org which contains the email associated with your Oculus Account. This is the email that you use to sign into your GearVR device. If you are unsure of what email you used, go to "Settings" under Oculus Home, and this information will appear under "Account."
Once we have received your email and information, we will add your account to our Early Access channel. You may then receive an invitation email from Oculus to the associated email, please open and accept.
- Download the IrisVR Scope app from the Google Play Store.
- Download the IrisVR Scope app from the Oculus Store by redeeming an Oculus (5x5) Code, which we will provide after you have sent us your username and been added to the Early Access Channel. See instructions below for redeeming an Oculus (5x5) Code
To redeem an Oculus (5x5) Code:
- Open the Oculus App on your mobile phone.
- Select the user icon on the upper left corner.
- Select the "more" icon on the bottom of the menu to open the settings.
- Select Redeem Code.
- Enter in your code accurately and select Submit.
- If the redemption was successful, the App Permissions for your IrisVR Scope will pop up. Select Accept and Install.
Once the download completes, you will be able to access IrisVR Scope through the app installed from Google Play.
To view your uploaded panos and sets on your phone:
- Open the IrisVR Scope app on your mobile phone.
- Select the menu on the upper left corner.
- Select the VR Mode drop down item at the center of the menu to open your options.
- Select GearVR.
5. Once selected, you will be able to access and view your panos and sets through your GearVR.