For the IrisVR Scope app to run on your smartphone please check for the following specifications:
1. Phone must have a gyroscope. Older and budget versions of certain smartphones do not have gyroscopes.
2. Phone must have an accelerometer (almost guaranteed for any phone)
3. Android phones need to be Android 4.4 (KitKat) or higher.
4. iPhones must be an iPhone 5S or newer, with iOS 8 or higher.
Using Scope also requires a mobile VR-compatible headset, which depends on your smartphone.
Tips and suggestions for selecting a headset and smartphone to use for mobile VR:
1. For the Samsung GearVR: If purchasing the phone and headset separately, confirm that the version of Samsung phone and GearVR match. There are multiple generations of GearVR headsets that only work with specific phones. More information on compatible devices is provided by Samsung here.
2. For use with the Google Cardboard: Select a phone that fits within the device. Phones with larger screens (ex: iPhone 6) provide a better experience than those with smaller ones (ex: iPhone 5S).
Oculus Go Support
Our Scope software does not currently offer support for the Oculus Go, as the companion iPhone or Android application is required to manage your Scope library.
Our Prospect immersive walkthrough software requires considerably more processing power than is available on the Go, so Prospect will continue to require a powerful PC and desktop VR headset.