Beginning with Prospect version 2.6, we've introduced Projects and Syncing. With these features, you now have the ability to sort and organize your Prospect Library based on Project folders that you create and name. You then have the option to sync Projects for access across multiple devices and headsets.
- Your files are hosted locally by default and only sync if the "Sync Project" option is selected.
- Oculus Quest is a mobile device, and as such it does not have the same capabilities/power as PC-Powered VR. It is intended to work with smaller, less complex, files. VR. Read more about these considerations here: Getting started guide
- Currently, only Pro and Pro Plus licenses support the Oculus Quest standalone device.
- For details on how to collaborate on Quest, review our article about joining collaborative meetings.
A Project folder in the Prospect Library. The selected file within the folder can be launched from the tab on the right
Creating a Project
To create a new project, simply click the plus button next to “My Projects” in your desktop library, enter a project name and click “Create Project”. You’ll see the project appear in the panel to the left.
Adding files to a Project
You can add new files to Projects* in one of two ways depending on the file source.
- For SKP, OBJ, FBX, and IVZ files you can drag and drop a file(s) into a Project’s center file area or use the blue ‘+’ button to select a file(s) from your file browser.
- For Revit, Navisworks, or Rhino files use the plugins that install in those programs alongside Prospect. Once the plugin sends the file to Prospect you will be prompted to choose or create a new Project in which to import the file.
Moving files between Projects
To move files between Projects you can simply drag and drop from one Project to another. For existing users, all previously imported files will appear in the "Unsorted Files" section.
- Note that you cannot add or return a file to "Unsorted Files" but you can create a new Project folder and name it "Unsorted", "Miscellaneous", etc, to suit this purpose if needed.
You can drag and drop files between Projects to organize your Prospect Library
Renaming and Deleting Projects
To rename or delete a Project, first open the Project then click the downward facing arrow to the right of the Project name.
- Note that deleting a Project that has been "synced" will delete the Project across all devices. More on this below.
The arrow next to the Project name allows you to rename or delete a Project.
Syncing Projects Across Devices and Machines
What is Project syncing and how can it help me?
Synced Projects keep your files up-to-date across various machines and devices. After a Project has been synced it will be accessible from any computer that is logged into Prospect. Additionally, if you’re planning to make use of standalone devices like the Oculus Quest, syncing a project will allow you to access those files on your standalone device.
Syncing and Unsyncing a Project
You can sync/unsync a Project using the "Sync Project" button just beneath the Project name. Once a Project is synced, it will be available on all of your devices and machines
- Unsyncing a Project - If you unsync a Project it will be removed from the Quest and stored locally on the computer you performed the unsyncing from. You will no longer be able to access this Project on another computer or standalone headset.
- Deleting a synced Project - If you delete a synced Project it will be deleted from the Quest, all other machines, as well as the machine you are deleting it from. It will not remain stored locally on the computer.
- To ensure that updates to a file sync correctly, make sure you close the Viewer on the desktop (or in the Quest) after you're done viewing a file.