Prospect has the ability to sort and organize your Prospect Library based on Projects and files that you create, name, and invite collaborators to for VR meetings and remote collaboration.
- Your files are hosted locally and only sync if the "Sync Project" toggle is on.
- Oculus Quest is a mobile device, and as such it does not have the same capabilities/power as PC-Powered VR. It is intended to work with smaller, less complex, files. VR. Read more about these considerations here: Getting started guide
- Currently, only Pro and Pro Plus licenses support the Oculus Quest standalone device.
- For details on how to collaborate on Quest, review our article about joining collaborative meetings.
Creating a New Project
1. Click the Create Project button above “My Projects” in your desktop library.
2. Enter a project name, select if you want it synced or unsynced and click “Create Project”.
3) If the project is synced, you'll be prompted to add Project Level collaborators. These collaborators will automatically gain access to any new files added to a project. (You can always skip this step.)
4)You’ll see the project appear in the panel to the left.
Add Files To Projects
You can add new files to Projects in one of two ways depending on the file source:
- For SKP, OBJ, FBX, and IVZ files you can drag and drop a file(s) into a Project’s center file area or use the "Add FIle" button to select a file(s) from your file browser.
- For Revit, Navisworks, or Rhino files use the plugins that install in those programs alongside Prospect. Once the plugin exports the file to Prospect you will be prompted to choose or create a new Project in which to import the file.
Updating Files in a Project
Geometry from the source model of supported file types* can be routinely updated - while issues, annotations, photos, and other collaborative elements made within Prospect continue to carry over as a project progresses.
How it works:
- After updating to version 2.12, export a supported file type*.
- With any subsequent changes to/exports of your source model, be sure to save the file to the same Project in your Prospect Library.
- Prospect will identify the previously imported version in the Project (if applicable), and automatically update the existing file in your Prospect library with the latest source model geometry while bringing along any issues, annotations, and photos from the previous version.
Supported file types*:
To take advantage of File Updating, ensure the file has been exported with 2.12 or newer, and the below is true for your respective file type:
- Revit files will be updated if the file and 3D View selected before export match an existing file in the project
- Navisworks files will be updated if the file and Saved Viewpoint selected (as applicable) before export match an existing file in the project
- Rhino files will be updated if the file and NamedView selected (as applicable) before export match an existing file in the project
- Sketchup files will be updated if a new version of the same file is imported
- FBX files will be updated if a new version of the same file is imported
- FIles cannot be updated if any users are in, or have recently been in a given file. If you receive an error while trying to update a file, please try again in ~5 minutes.
- Only files imported in 2.12 and beyond will be able to be updated
- If you do not wish for files to be updated, you may turn off the feature in your Settings section toward the top right corner of the Prospect Library under the "File Processing" section.
Project Collaborators vs. File Collaborators
Project Collaborators Collaborators added at the project level will automatically gain access to any files added to a project, Project level collaborators will also have the same access and privileges as the project owner, so think of these as true collaborators, and consider this before adding a user to this field.
File Collaborators only have access to the chosen file(s) within a given project. When you select a file, you are able to see and manage the access type of all given users by selecting the Collaborators button in the right panel.
Moving Files Between Projects
To move files between Projects you can simply drag and drop from one Project to another.
You can drag and drop files between Projects to organize your Prospect Library
Renaming and Deleting Projects
To rename or delete a Project, first open the Project then click the downward-facing arrow to the right of the Project name.
If you delete a Project that has been "synced" it will delete the Project across all devices.
You will be prompted to type DELETE before deleting an entire project, as there are implications to this process and deletion cannot be undone.
The arrow next to the Project name allows you to rename or delete a Project.
Syncing Projects Across Devices and Machines
Synced Projects keep your files up-to-date across various machines and devices. After a Project has been synced it will be accessible from any computer that is logged into Prospect. Additionally, if you’re planning to make use of standalone devices like the Oculus Quest, syncing a project will allow you to access those files on your standalone device.
Sync States The Prospect Library has several indicators to show the files sync progress.
A gray folder indicates that the files are stored locally and the project is not synced with other devices or users.
A blue folder indicates that the project is synced with other devices.
A blue folder with the people icon indicates that the project is synced with other devices, and has collaborators.
Beginning with Prospect version 2.9, you can now save disk space, speed sync times, and access only the content you want/need if using your account on multiple machines.
Files uploaded on one PC are now optional to download on another PC, rather than downloading by default.
Additionally, to download and remove multiple files at once, you can perform Batch Actions by using the SHIFT key
Files available for download will appear as a preview in grey text. Downloaded files will show in black text.
Hold the SHIFT key while selecting files to bring up the Batch Action menu.
Syncing and Unsyncing a Project
You can sync/unsync a Project using the "Project Settings" gear icon button just beneath the Project name. Once a Project is synced, it will be available for download on all of your devices and machines.
- Unsyncing a Project - If you unsync a Project it will be removed from any other devices, and stored locally on the computer you performed the unsyncing from. You will no longer be able to access this Project on another computer or standalone headset. Any collaborators previously added to the project or files will be removed and they will lose access.
- Deleting a synced Project - If you delete a synced Project it will be deleted from all devices it has been shared with, as well as the machine you are deleting it from. It will not remain stored locally on the computer, and all associated prospect-create data (markups etc) will also be removed. This action cannot be undone, and you will be asked to type DELETE before being able to delete a synced project.
- To ensure that updates to a file sync correctly, make sure you close the Viewer (VR window portion of Prospect) on the desktop (or in the Quest) after you're done viewing a file.