Viewing Shared Files in Prospect Desktop Library
To view a shared file or join a collaborative meeting take the steps that match how you were invited. Oculus Quest Users, skip to the next section.
Invited via Email:
Shared With Me Notification
Invited through Share Code:
- Setup your account or proceed to the Prospect library.
- Users with an existing active trial or subscription can go to directly to their library, see step 2.
- Individuals who do not have an account will need to create an account, start a trial and install Prospect or use the Prospect Viewer.
- Once in Prospect, navigate to the "Shared with Me" tab and click on the blue plus sign button and input the 6 digit code.
- This will trigger a download and sync of the collaborative file, which will be available to launch once the sync completes.
Join Via Join Code
Easily Share the Join Code
Viewing Shared Files on an Oculus Quest
For Users with an IrisVR Trial or License
- Open the Prospect App on your Quest and log in using your email username and password. If you are unable to find the Prospect App, please contact us.
- If you have been invited to a file -
- Via email the shared file will appear in within "Shared With Me", in the My Projects left panel. All new and previous collaborative meetings can be found there.
- Via Join Code navigate to the right panel and type the 6 digit code into "Enter Join Code". This will prompt the file to download into "Shared With Me", in the My Projects left panel.
Prospect Library on Quest - Shared with Me & Enter Join Code locations
For Guests (Users WITHOUT an IrisVR Trial or License)
- Open the Prospect App on your Quest. If you are unable to find the Prospect App, please contact us.
- Next, navigate to the right panel and type the 6 digit code into "Enter Join Code". This will prompt the file to download into "Shared With Me", in the My Projects left panel.
Prospect Library on Quest - Joining a meeting as a Guest
Helpful Tips for Collaborating
- Connect to a stable internet source. Wifi hot spots can work, but are not as reliable. If your company has a firewall, please review our notes here.
- Check your audio, different headsets have different audio setups.
- If using an Oculus Rift, verify that your volume is turned up and that you can hear through the headphones, not the computer speakers.
- If using an HTC Vive, make sure you have headphones plugged in so you’ll be able to hear the other participants. If using the Vive Pro, you'll be able to use the built-in headphones.
- We don't recommend joining a meeting without a headset because you'll lose out on the immersive qualities of VR. If you must join without a headset, review this article for specifics.
- It's a Shared Environment: All participants will be able to see all the changes and markups made by other collaborators, including Sun Settings, Display Settings, Layers, Flagged Elements, etc. The only tool not visible to all participants are any measurements you take with the Measuring Tape.
- Listen, Speak and Collaborate: Participants can communicate with each other through their headsets. Oculus Rift users can use the built-in headset and microphone, while HTC Vive users can use the built-in microphone but will need to plug in headphones (unless using the HTC Vive Pro).
- Mute Audio: The meeting host will have the capability to mute all the participants at any time during the meeting. If you are muted by the host, your screen will show a notification. You will also have the ability to mute yourself during a session.
- Never Get Lost: At any moment during the collaborative meeting, the host will be able to gather all the participants around a specific point.
For first time users, Prospect has a tutorial to help familiarize yourself with the controllers and navigation. This tutorial can be triggered any time you launch a file or by pressing F1 on your keyboard.