With Multiuser Meetings, you’ll be able to share the same virtual experience with others and make design decisions as one unified team, regardless of your physical location.
To start, schedule your Meeting...
The Meetings tab on your Prospect library is the place to schedule and host your VR meeting sessions. As the meeting host you need to follow these steps to schedule, export and share the Meeting .IVM file.
- Navigate to the Meetings tab in your Prospect Library*
- Create a new meeting
- Select the appropriate meeting options
- Export your .IVM file and distribute to your meeting attendees. For 1st time participants we suggest sending along with the provided instructions on how to join.
*Please note that the ability to create Meetings is limited to the Prospect Pro Plus or Team subscription tiers
Next, prepare for the Meeting...
As the Meeting host there are a few steps you can take beforehand to confirm you'll have a successful Meeting, such as:
- Being connected to a stable internet source. Wifi hot spots can work, but are not as reliable. If your company has a firewall, please review our notes here.
- How will you communicate? Different headsets have different audio setups.
- If using an Oculus Rift, test that your volume is turned up and that you can hear through the headphones.
- If using an HTC Vive, make sure you have headphones plugged in so you’ll be able to hear the other participants. If using the Vive Pro, you'll be able to use the built in headphones.
- Hosting a meeting without a headset? We don't recommend hosting a meeting without a headset because you'll lose out on the immersive qualities of VR. However, users on Prospect v2.1 or newer can join without a headset. Please review this article for specifics.
- Download our printable guide for placing at your VR workstation to help other team members learn the steps.
You Are Ready To Go!
The individual who schedules and creates the .IVM file will be referred to as the Meeting Host, if you are a Meeting Attendee, please go here. As the Host, you can start the Meeting by going to your library and clicking on Join Meeting. The right panel will have a section called Participants where you can preview if anyone has already joined the meeting.
Creating a Report from the Meeting
As a Host, anytime that you flag an element while in VR you’ll have the option to add it to an ongoing report that is saved within the Prospect Desktop Library. Then at the end of the Meeting you’ll be able to distribute this with other attendees by exporting the PDF, learn more.
Managing Your Meeting Experience
While in a Multiuser Meeting all the features that are available within Prospect in the single user experience will be available, plus a few other Meeting specific controls.
- Shared Environment: All Meeting participants will be able to see all the changes and markups made by other users, including Sun Settings, Display Settings, Layers, Flagged Elements, etc. The only tool not visible to all participants are any measurements you take with the Measuring Tape.
- Listen, Speak and Collaborate: Participants can communicate with each other through their headsets. Oculus Rift users can use the built in headset and microphone, while HTC Vive users can use the built in microphone but will need to plug in headphones (unless using the HTC Vive Pro).
- Mute Audio: As the Host, you also have the ability to Mute any attendee within the session and they will receive a notification.
- Curate the Meeting: Determine how you will explore the model by using pre-established Viewpoints. Open the Viewpoints icon on the menu, then select "Bring Others with Me" followed by the desired location. Other attendees will be notified that they are being relocated to a different spot with the model, only the Host can relocate attendees with Viewpoints.
- Never Lose Focus: At any moment during the multiuser Meeting, you can open your menu and "Go To" a specific person or choose "Gather" to bring everyone to where you are.
Meetings Menu for Gathering and Going To Others