Virtual reality is being adopted at an impressive speed within the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industries, plus throughout many of the allied design professions including, landscape architecture, interior design, stage and product design.
Below are some of the ways that virtual reality is actively being applied by our users to their work.
- Quickly explore and iterate on conceptual options
- Develop client trust early on in the project
- Provide immersive review environment
- Quickly generate realistic 360 panos to share progress reports through mobile devices
- Create materials for RFQ's and submittals that impress the jury and quickly communicate vision
- Bridge gaps in communication between stakeholders and design team
- Generate VR walkthroughs to engage public audiences
- Facilitate conversations about spatial implications
- Facilitate internal reviews in True-To-Scale environment
- Receive critical buy-in and feedback from stakeholders by presenting the vision for the design in an easy to review manner
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Reduce built mock-up costs
- Solve complex coordination issues by placing consultants within VR spaces
- Evaluate the implications of value engineering on final design in 3D environment
- Identify collisions, conflicts, and mistakes in an intuitive manner
- Test modularized systems prior to fabrication for accuracy
- Onboard construction team to project design and intricacies with VR walkthroughs
- Reduce change orders throughout the entire construction phase
- Reduce time spent on site solving minor issues
- Increase on-site safety by testing phases and maneuvers prior to implementation
- Provide a visually intuitive method for training maintenance staff and operations team
- Provide access to data without knowledge of specific software
The list above is short of complete and only highlights some the primary ways that virtual reality is being integrated into AEC workflows.
Already using VR in your everyday? We'd love to hear and see more about your workflow, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org, for a chance to have your work featured!