.IVZ and .IVM files are our own VR-ready file format specifically designed for Prospect and help simplify immersive review workflows.
.IVZ files are used for saving and sharing experiences between workstations or when sending a file to another individual.
.IVM files are used for Meetings. The .IVM includes all the meeting information needed to invite a guest into a VR session with you.
Both file formats can be opened in the Project Library and Viewer app.
Here are some scenarios in which IVZ files are very helpful
With .IVZ or .IVM files, your VR Workstation does not need licenses for authoring tools.
Before your VR workstation required full licenses of Revit and Rhino in order to use Prospect. Now you can export and prepare those models and use services like Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive to share the IVZ models with your VR Workstation.
Host an in VR meeting with your team
Anyone with a VR headset can participate in your VR Meeting by importing the .IVM you’ve sent them into the free Viewer app. No need for them to have a license or authoring software.
To Export a .IVZ File
1. Select options
2. Modify author and description
3. IVZ export in progress
4. Export ready! You can now click to view the location where the file was saved, and share it with others.
Please note that above a certain file size, you may experience a error when exporting your IVZ file. In order to proceed further, you will need to reduce the size of your model. Feel free to report the issue to us so that we may help troubleshoot.
To Export a .IVM File
With .IVM files, you can now share experiences with other VR-ready teams throughout your office.
1. Navigate to the "Meetings" tab in your Prospect Library
2. Select "Create Meeting"
3. Choose a meeting name and file to create your meeting with (if you haven't yet imported your file into Prospect, do this first)
4. Export your IVM file and share it with your meeting participants, along with the instructions for joining the meeting. You can have your participants download the free Viewer app if they are not already Prospect users. Please note that they will need to have a VR headset and powerful computer to join the session.
Please note that above a certain file size, you may experience a error when exporting your IVM file. In order to proceed further, you will need to reduce the size of your model. Feel free to report the issue to us so that we may help troubleshoot.
Importing .IVZ Files
1. Select IVZ File and drag into Prospect
2. The file will automatically import, and you will see it in your library
3. Click "View in VR" to launch the file
Importing .IVM files
The graphic above showcases how to join a meeting using our Prospect Viewer, though the process is similar for the Prospect library.
Simply drag and drop the .IVM file that has been sent to you into the Viewer or your Prospect Library and select "Meet in VR". Read more about Multiuser Meetings here.