Our software Prospect, works by connecting to an HTC Vive or Oculus Rift. Each headset provides specific benefits which you should consider before purchasing. Running the either the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive requires a computer with powerful graphics capabilities. Refer to our recommended specs to see if you need to upgrade your computer.
- Easy to use controllers which are very friendly for non-gamers.
- Ability to physically walk around the space while immersed in virtual reality environment called room-scale VR. Detailed product info here.
- Great for setting up in a shared conference room. We suggest wall mounting your HTC Vive base stations for the best experience or, for portable setups, mounting them on tripods with this tripod pivot arm or this one.
- The HTC Vive is available on Amazon with free shipping here: HTC Vive on Amazon
- Requires tracking base stations to be mounted on a wall or set on tripods. Not great for portability, but if you purchase lightweight tripods it's easy enough to set up for events and conferences, see links above.
- Glass and reflective surfaces can sometimes throw tracking off. This is typically resolved by plugging in the provided sync cable.
HTC Vive Pro Information
Prospect will work with the Vive Pro, but there are a few things to keep in mind when deciding between the Vive and the Vive Pro:
- Because the Vive Pro has higher resolution displays, you may experience a lower frame rate, especially with larger or more complex models.
- The Vive Pro connects to your computer using a DisplayPort cable rather than the HDMI cable used by the regular Vive. Check to make sure that your computer has the necessary ports to connect to the Vive Pro, as we have received feedback that the headset may not be detected when an adapter is used to connect the headset to your computer.
- Easy to set up for use at your desk.
- Great for traveling to meetings or sites, as it does not require much setup or space.
- You may now purchase Oculus Touch as part of an Oculus Rift bundle set, or individually.
- Oculus software now supports the use of up to 3 Sensors, for extra-precise tracking coverage. Product Details
- Does not allow you to physically walk around the space, as it is not designed for room-scale VR without additional sensor(s) and setup.
- True, accurate room-scale works best with the purchase of an additional 3rd sensor, increasing costs.
- With a 2nd or 3rd sensor, additional USB ports are necessary bringing the total up to 3-4 USB ports. (1 USB + 1 HDMI for Oculus Rift HMD, 2-3 USBs for Sensors) Does not work well with USB splitter device.
Please note, these benefits are based on user feedback and our own experiences, we always recommend that you do additional research prior to making any final hardware purchases, or send us a message. Happy to help discuss your specific needs.