1. Confirm that your PC meets the HTC Vive and Prospect minimum requirements.
2. Read and follow the Official HTC Vive Pre Installation Guide from Steam (Link)
Everything below is detailed in the HTC Installation Guide, but we provide a high-level overview:
- Mount the base stations that are required to track your movement, and plug in all headset cables
- Install the Steam app, and once installed, go to Library > Tools to install SteamVR.
- Set up a room-scale or standing-only play area (via Run Room Setup in SteamVR)
SteamVR powers your Vive. Its main status window communicates the state of your VR system, helps you diagnose issues, and provides access to SteamVR settings. SteamVR can be launched directly via the VR button at the top right of Steam's main window.
Choose to set up a room-scale play area to enjoy moving around and fully engaging with the VR experience. Choose standing only if you only want to experience VR in a seated or standing position.
3. Ensure you have created an IrisVR account, and have downloaded Prospect
4. Success! You are ready to now use Prospect with your HTC Vive.