For the Oculus Rift CV1
1. Confirm that your PC meets the Oculus Rift and Prospect minimum requirements.
2. Read and follow the steps from Oculus on setting up the CV1 from their website, here.
The full process is detailed in the Oculus setup instructions, but a high-level overview is provided below:
- Clear off an area on your desk free of obstructions
- Run the Oculus setup software (via the above link) on your PC
- Plug in all cables for the headset and sensor, and connect and sync your desired controller
3. Ensure you have an IrisVR account and have downloaded Prospect
4. Success! You are now ready to run Prospect with your Oculus Rift
For the Oculus Rift DK2 (no longer supported)
Please note that because the Oculus DK2 is a development kit and is no longer supported by Oculus for consumers, we are strongly recommending to our users that they upgrade to a Oculus CV1 or HTC Vive.
More details explained here. We can't guarantee that Prospect will run properly (or at all) on a developer kit headset, and unfortunately, we are not able to provide support for this either.
Please see this article for more details: Does Prospect Support the DK2?