We often get questions from users who are looking for tips & recommendations on how to record video of a particular Prospect session. We have a couple favorite desktop screen recording tools we use internally to capture or document Prospect sessions. Below we've listed these tools and broken down some instructions for utilizing them in your office.
Windows 10 Users
A tool native to Microsoft that should be available to all Windows 10 users is called Game Bar. Below are some quick/easy steps to use this tool to record video of Prospect from your PC's screen.
After you've launched your file with Prospect, make sure the Prospect Viewer window is selected and follow the steps below.
1) Press "Windows Key + G" will bring up a dialogue box that asks "Do you want to open Game Bar?"
2) Click "Yes, this is a game" and it will open a new toolbar with a handful of icons, the red circle icon near the center is the tool you're looking for.
3) Clicking the red circle icon, or pressing "Windows Key + Alt + R" will start the recording. Make sure to click on the Prospect Viewer window next, so that it is selected as the current window.
4) When you've finished recording, press either "Windows + G" to bring up the game bar to click stop recording, or press "Windows + Alt + R" to immediately stop recording.
Recordings are automatically saved to your videos/captures folder:
5) There are settings you may wish to adjust to suit your preferences, such as customizing your hot-keys to perform certain functions.
All other Windows Users
NVIDIA GeForce Experience is a tool that we recommend all users have, as it helps manage and maintain drivers to ensure your system is staying up to date. One of the other most useful features of GeForce Experience is called "ShadowPlay". ShadowPlay gives users the ability to take quality, high framerate captures of their desktop.
1) Download and install NVIDIA GeForce Experience and create an account if you haven't yet done so.
2) Once installed, click the small green "Open in-game overlay" icon at the top right of the GeForce Experience home page.
3) Click "Record" and "Start" then hit escape to minimize ShadowPlay. Make sure to click on the Prospect Viewer window next, so that it is selected as the current window.
4) When you've finished recording, click the GeForce Experience icon in your taskbar, and follow the same steps you did to initiate the recording, this time clicking "Stop and save" to immediately end the recording. You can then access these recordings in the gallery, or click to open file location.
You can then access these recordings by clicking "Gallery," and click "Open file location" to be directed to the folder on your PC. (You're also able to change where these recordings are saved through the settings menu.)
5) Under the "Settings" Menu, there are some items you may wish to adjust to suit your needs- ShadowPlay allows for some adjustments in terms of clip duration, quality, and customizable keyboard shortcuts.