Prospect allows users to flag and/or hide individual elements while in VR via the Inspect Element menu.
While an element is selected, clicking "Hide" will make that object disappear. "Unhide" will make the object most recently hidden reappear, and "Unhide All" will return visibility to all hidden objects.
Flagging an element will turn the element red, take a screenshot, and add that documentation to your Report, where additional notes can be added.
Flag & Add to Report, Hide, Unhide, and Unhide All via Inspect Element Menu
Prospect also allows you to select elements and flag them in red so that you can document what needs to be reviewed back in the original authoring platform. We have support to inspect the properties of elements for all of the formats we have integration with.
Flagged Element as shown in Reports Tab within the Prospect Library
Select by ID
We have a feature for the Prospect Library that provides you with a list of Revit element IDs and their names after they have been flagged in a VR review session. This is helpful for making revisions notices in VR, back within Revit, as show below.
Note, this is only available for Revit files.
Click the three-dot menu under the reports tab to either Copy all IDs, or export these IDs as a .csv file.
To access this Review Report of Flagged Elements:
- Open your file in Revit and click View in VR.
- Using the Inspect Element tool, Flag the elements that need to be reviewed. A screenshot is automatically captured when an element is flagged. This screenshot will include any markups visible at the time an element is flagged, and will be added to your report in real time, along with some basic metadata.
- Close the viewer and open the Reports tab that you can find in the Library. You can
- Click the three-dot menu to copy all Revit element IDs
- Exports all Revit element IDs as a .csv file
- View your report or export it as a .pdf
The exported CSV file will contain the Element ID, the family and element names of the flagged element, the time of the review session and the username of the person who did the review.
Using this list, you can copy the element IDs to find the objects back in Revit. Go to Manage > Inquiry tab > Select by ID and paste the IDs.
If you are a Dynamo user, you can create a simple definition that can read all the flagged elements from your review session:
- Use a File Path node and browse to the location where you saved your CSV file.
- Add an ImportFromCSV node.
- Select the first list, which represents the column that has the ElementIds, by using the List.FirstItem node.
- Install the Clockwork package (Packages > Search for Packages) and use the Element.ByID node to find the flagged elements in the Revit file.
If you would like to find the Revit elements in Navisworks, you can follow the next steps:
- Click on View > Workspace > Windows and check Find Items in the dropdown
- In the dialog, select Element ID under Category, select value under Property, set Condition to =, and under Value paste the Element ID of the object you would like to find. After that, click on Find First.
- Once the element is selected, click on Zoom selected in the dropdown under Viewpoint > Navigate > Zoom Window.