Users can flag and/or hide individual elements while in VR via the Inspect Element menu.
While an element is selected, click "Hide" to make that object disappear. "Unhide" makes the object most recently hidden reappear, and "Unhide All" returns visibility to all hidden objects.
Flagging an element turns the element red, takes a screenshot, and adds the screenshot & basic metadata to your Report, where additional notes can be added.
Flag & Add to Report, Hide, Unhide, and Unhide All via Inspect Element Menu
Select elements and flag them in red to document what needs to be reviewed/readdressed within original 3D authoring platforms. This functionality exists for all of the file formats we support, though the metadata available differs slightly by file type.
Flagged Element as shown in Reports Tab within the Prospect Library
Select by ID Workflow
Prospect Library provides users with a list of Revit element IDs and element names after they have been flagged in a VR review session. This is helpful for getting back into Revit to make any necessary changes caught/documented in VR, as shown below.
Note, this is only available for Revit files.
Click the three-dot menu under the reports tab to either Copy all IDs, or export these IDs as a .csv file.
To access this Review Report of Flagged Elements:
- Open your file in Revit and click View in VR.
- Use Inspect Element to flag the elements that need to be reviewed to automatically capture a screenshot of the element, along with any markups visible at the time an element is flagged. This is be added to your report in real-time, along with some basic metadata.
- Close the viewer and open the Reports tab that you can find in the Prospect Library.
- Click the three-dot menu to copy all Revit element IDs
- Exports all Revit element IDs as a .csv file
- Export your report as a .pdf
The exported CSV file will contain the Element ID, the family and element names of the flagged element, the time of the review session and the username of the person who did the review.
Using this list, you can copy the element IDs to find the objects back in Revit. Go to Manage > Inquiry tab > Select by ID and paste the IDs.
If you are a Dynamo user, you can create a simple definition that can read all the flagged elements from your review session:
- Use a File Path node and browse to the location where you saved your CSV file.
- Add an ImportFromCSV node.
- Select the first list, which represents the column that has the ElementIds, by using the List.FirstItem node.
- Install the Clockwork package (Packages > Search for Packages) and use the Element.ByID node to find the flagged elements in the Revit file.