Prospect allows you to select elements and flag them in red so that you can document what needs to be reviewed back in the original authoring platform. We have full support to inspect the properties of elements for all of the formats we have integration with (SketchUp, Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, and OBJ).
Inspect Element tool in Prospect
We have now added a feature for the Prospect Library that provides you with a list of element IDs and their names after they have been flagged in a VR review session. Note, this is only available for Revit files and we will be adding support for other platforms soon.
Flagged Elements added to the Settings drawer
To access this Review Report of Flagged Elements:
- Open your file in Revit and click View in VR.
- Using the Inspect Element tool, flag the elements that need to be reviewed. Take screenshots of them as needed.
- Close the viewer and open the Flagged Elements setting that you can find in the Library. You will see a list of element IDs and their names. Click on the Export Report button near the bottom.
- This will export a CSV file that contains the Element ID, the family and element names of the flagged element, the time of the review session and the username of the person who did the review.
- Getting a CSV file won't work with previous versions of the Revit file. You have to click on View in VR again to get this feature
Using this list, you can copy the element IDs to find the objects back in Revit. Go to Manage > Inquiry tab > Select by ID and paste the IDs.
If you are a Dynamo user, you can create a simple definition that can read all the flagged elements from your review session:
- Use a File Path node and browse to the location where you saved your CSV file.
- Add an ImportFromCSV node.
- Select the first list, which represents the column that has the ElementIds, by using the List.FirstItem node.
- Install the Clockwork package (Packages > Search for Packages) and use the Element.ByID node to find the flagged elements in the Revit file.
If you would like to find the Revit elements in Navisworks, you can follow the next steps:
- Click on View > Workspace > Windows and check Find Items in the dropdown
- In the dialog, select Element ID under Category, select value under Property, set Condition to =, and under Value paste the Element ID of the object you would like to find. After that, click on Find First.
- Once the element is selected, click on Zoom selected in the dropdown under Viewpoint > Navigate > Zoom Window.